Donation Guidelines and Advice
We appreciate the donations from the Rochester community. It is through your generosity that The Sale is possible! Below is a comprehensive list of items we cannot accept.
Please be thoughtful when donating to RMHC. Donating junk goods and trash impacts our agency in lost revenue for our programs and time for sorting and disposal.
Donated Goods That are Not Accepted
- Any merchandise that is broken, rusty, ripped or torn.
- Non-flat screen TV, computer monitors, printers, fax machines and cordless phones
- Cookware (dented, rusty, worn Teflon coating)
- Items with water damage, mold or mildew
- Gas motor equipment (includes gasoline cans)
- Crib or infant car seats
- Packaged Food
- Major appliances
- Large entertainment centers
- Piano or organ
- Sofa bed, water bed, mattress or box spring
- Mini blinds, vertical shades, traverse rods, custom drapery rods, custom drapes
- Driveway basketball pole
- Exercise equipment
- Magazines, textbooks, Reader’s Digest, Encyclopedias (dated materials)
- Books dated, written on or torn.
- Medical Equipment – any and all. This would include wheel chairs, walkers, blood pressure monitors, bandages, prescription or over the counter medicine, crutches, canes, shower/bath chairs and portable potty chairs.
- Toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, body wash)
- Clay Pots (any size) and garden hoses
- Any and all construction material: cabinets (kitchen and bath), sinks, tile, all doors, counter tops, paint cans
- Stained/torn clothing and apparel. No shoes or boots that are not clean and in good condition.
- Humidifier and dehumidifier
- Over the range microwaves
- Large air conditioner units
- Bowling balls and bags
- Shoe Racks, shoe stretchers and wire hangers
- Heated car seat covers, Massaging cushion for chairs and Foot spas
- Bathroom scales
- Metal Desks
- Ripped, stained and broken furniture
- Tattered, dinged, or ripped luggage
- Used fire pits and grills (no propane tanks, please)
- Any and all cleaning supplies
Please do not donate any items that have had a recall issued by the manufacturer.