Something for everyone? Of course! The Household Sale brings together thousands of folks who choose to donate, volunteer, and shop. With over 75,000 square feet filled with donated treasures, there surely is something for everyone. Explore 25 departments filled with an assortment of brand new or gently used items, then discover our special “Boutique” department that features a selection of fine art, antiques, furniture, china, crystal, collectibles and more!
Funds raised from The Household Sale stay locally here in Rochester and help support our mission to provide a “home-away-from home” by keeping families close while their children receiving health care in the Rochester area.
Here’s how you can support our largest fundraising event:
Thank you to everyone that has made donations to us for our 2017 Fall Household Sale! We would also like to thank the hundreds of volunteers that have emptied cars, sorted items, picked up items and worked so hard to get ready for this Sale. At this time we are no longer accepting donations for the Household Sale. Thank you!
We will be moving The Household Sale! We will be announcing the location of our 2018 Household Sale in December. Please check back here for updates.
For a list of items we do not accept for donations, click here.
To get to our Sale location on GPS/Mapquest enter ‘East Les Harrison Drive, Rochester NY 14624”
Click here for directions
Shop. The 2017 Fall Sale opens on Tuesday, Sept. 26 for donors – you must have a ticket to enter. If you didn’t receive a ticket by donating goods, you can purchase a $25 donor ticket. Tickets can be purchased the day of the Donor Sale, they will be available at the front desk upon entering the Sale building.
The Sale is open to the public Wednesday, September 27 through Wednesday, October 4.
Wednesday 9/27/17 10am – 7pm
Thursday 9/28/17 10am – 7pm 25% off
Friday 9/29/17 10am – 7pm 50% off
Saturday 9/30/17 10am – 3pm 75% off
Monday 10/2/17 10am – 2pm 90% off
Tuesday 10/3/17 10am – 2pm 90% off
Wednesday 10/4/17 10am – 2pm 90% off
Volunteer. So many ways to help! Unload cars, sort donated goods, set up a department, and many more ways you can contribute to the Sale’s success. Find out how you or your group can volunteer at the Sale. Become a Volunteer – Application form
Sponsor. Show your support by contributing funds or in-kind services. Contact the Household Sale Director email@example.com.
10 Tips For Shopping The Household Sale
- Wear comfortable shoes. It’s a large space and you’ll be walking quite a bit to see all the amazing items for sale!
- Bring a bottle of water and a snack. You’ll end up staying longer than you imagine.
- Expect to see a crowd and dress for the weather. If the lines are long, you may be waiting outside. If you want to avoid waiting outside, plan to arrive after the first hour.
- Bring a friend – shopping is always more fun with a buddy.
- Know what you’re looking for. Check out the Sale Floor Map below and plan your route!
- Bring a sturdy shopping bag to carry your items or purchase an oversized bag at the Sale.
- Plan multiple visits and take advantage of the discount days.
- Volunteer for a shift or two – we are always excited to meet new people!
- Tell a friend. Encourage people who have never experienced the Sale to check it out.
- Don’t forget your smile! You’ll have fun, find great bargains, and help support Ronald McDonald House programs.
Thank you to our In-Kind Donors for our Household Sale: