How To Stay With Us
To stay at one of our Ronald McDonald Houses, you must meet the following criteria:
- Families must have a child (up to age 21) who is receiving medical care at any local children’s hospital, psychiatric facility, private outpatient center, or general hospital. Patient must be receiving treatment at URMC to stay at HWTH.
- We must have a photo ID for any family members or guests staying in the house over the age of 18.
- Must live outside of a 12-mile radius of our location unless being referred to our House Within the Hospital (HWTH).
- A referral for your stay will need to be submitted by your social worker, nurse, surgery scheduler, or other medical professional. We do not allow self-referrals for new or returning guests.
- International families are welcome to stay with a referral from a healthcare facility.
- There can only be six guests per room at the Westmoreland House, including siblings. The House within the Hospital can only accommodate two guests per room.
- Siblings and anyone under the age of 18 are not permitted to stay at the House Within The Hospital.
- A referral does not mean that a family is eligible to stay at Ronald McDonald House or that the family is guaranteed a room at the House. Once the referral process is complete, the House Manager will confirm whether a room is available.
- Guests must not have been exposed to, or presently have, an infectious disease.
- Travel Screen & Health Screen – Effective 3/12/2020 prospective families will be screened for travel to a “Level 2 or 3 Travel Advisory Country” when referrals are made. Prospective families who answer yes to any of the following questions will need to arrange for alternative accommodations:• Travel history from to Level 2 or 3 Travel Advisory Country (China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy) within the past 14 days
• Knowingly had contact with a traveler who visited Level 2 or 3 Travel Advisory Country within the past 14 days
• Knowingly had contact with someone who test positive for COVID-19
• Fever, cough, or shortness of breath
If any employees, volunteers or visitors answer “yes” to any of the above, they are not permitted at any RMHC Rochester, NY facilities for 14 days.
- No one who is a registered sex offender is permitted to stay at any RMHC facility due to the open presence of children.
- Ronald McDonald House may not house any Guest who has been convicted of child abuse, domestic violence, or who is subject of a pending or open child abuse or domestic violence case or investigation
- Westmoreland House visitation hours: 8:00am – 9:00pm.
- House Within The Hospital visitation hours: 8:00am – 9:00pm. Visitors and guest must be over the age of 18.
- All guests a required to sign-in and out at the beginning and end of every visit.
- At the initial check-in, the family must provide a list of potential overnight visitors. There will not be a second room given to overnight visitors. For safety purposes, room occupancy cannot exceed 6 guests at the Westmoreland House and 2 guests at the House Within The Hospital.
- Families must provide the following information for overnight visitors at the initial check-in: Full name, alias names if applicable and date of birth.
You don’t have to stay overnight to benefit from our services. We have multiple respite spaces for you to take advantage of:
- RMHC Family Room at Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Mental Health and Wellness Lounge at Strong Memorial Hospital
- Family Lounge at Rochester General Hospital
- Guest Pass Program at Golisano Children’s Hospital:
- Supports are given meal vouchers in addition to daytime only access to the HWTH. Please ask your social worker about this program.
Contact: Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, NY
Address: 333 Westmoreland Drive, Rochester, NY 14620
Phone Number: (585) 442-5437
Fax: (585) 442-7330